Friday, June 30, 2006

What I'm Knitting Now!

I'm knitting many projects. A beaded Cardigan from Knitty.com - 4 scarves and a stole. Shall I show you? Do you wanna see them? Huh? Do you? Okay. Here's a few of them.

First the cardigan. I've done a lot on the body and the small circle is the beginning of the sleeve. I also added a close up of the bead work for your viewing pleasure. Yarn is Tahki cotton - a beautiful red.

Here's the stole. I got this pattern from knitty.com too. I've used Manderin Petit made by Sandnes. I love this cotton and have used it on a scarf too. I'm almost done with this and just need to do the other beaded end.

Here's one of my scarves - 100 % wool (part of my loom stash) - very stinky stuff. Since it was in storage for a few years, it's musty and I'm working on what to do to unstink it. This stitch is

CO 3 +1
Row 1 and all odd numbered - purl
Row 2 - k1, *yo, sl1, k2, psso* to end
Row 4 - k2, *yo, sl1, k2 psso* k2
Row 6 - k3, *yo, sl1, k2 psso* k3

This next scarf is made with the mandarin petit - cotton, blue and yellow, both held together.

Even number CO
Row 1 - k1, *k2, p2*, k1
Row 2 - k1, *p2, k2*, k1
Rep rows.
Well, that's all for now!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cardi is stunning. I love the beadwork, as I've never been brave enough to attempt it! Great colors!

Anonymous said...

The beadwork is beautiful. I haven't attempted beading yet. Although I have bought a book or two.