Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Projects, Projects Everywhere!! The knitting fiend!


I've been juggling 4 - 5 projects at once and am always itching to do more. It's pathetic actually. I feel as though the projects are alive. I try to do a little of each every day and if I don't get to one of them, I feel like I have to stroke it and console it, "Don't worry honey, I haven't forgotten you. I'll spend some time with you tomorrow!!" How twisted is that?

Here's a few of my finished scarves. I love to wear scarves as soon as the weather is cool. I can't believe that I hadn't thought about wearing scarves not only for the decorate value, but because they ACTUALLY keep me warm!! I tend to run on the cold side and since I've been wearing them, VOILA instant warmth.

The Green one is from the stash I received with the loom - it's 100% Virgin Wool and chunky. I think I used this pattern: 18 Cast on, k1, *yo, k2tog, k1* to end. Repeat row.

The red one is made with baby alpaca brush - and when I bought the yarn, I got a free pattern. I LOVE free patterns.

I went to the library yesterday and got some knitting pattern books. I can't wait to make some of the projects. More! More! MORE!! Some of my 'loom' stash is interesting and I wish I could type the yarn in google and get a pattern I could make with it. This one yarn, Boucle Sage Chine - see picture - I have around 10 skeins of it and don't know what to do with it since it's a little fuzzy, so if someone out there has an idea, I'd love to hear it!!

No comments: