Monday, November 13, 2006

Back to the Knitting!

Boy, oh boy, I've been a bad blogger. I can only blame it on the relaxation I needed after the show - that and getting back into my school work. But hopefully I will blog more now that I'm BACK!!

I've completed a total of two pairs of socks. I previously posted about one of the pairs - and in this picture , I'm wearing one on each foot.


The second pair (right foot) came out better than the first pair. I'm proud that I figured these out all on my own. I love making socks - in fact, I'm working on another pair. Here it is:

I love the yarn and it's patterning out rather nicely, if I do say so myself.

I've also been working on some scarves. Here's a picture of one of them:

I originally was doing a scarf with these two colors that I posted about (What I'm Knitting now) but didn't like how much yarn it was taking since I was holding both strands together. So I ripped it out and now it's looking kind of cool.

I also went to the LYS and picked up some half price yarn - Louise Harding DK 55% merino wool/35% microfiber/10% casmere. It is a dream to work with and I'm making a nice scarf - here's my progress so far - not much.

That's all the time I have today to update this lonely blog. Hopefully I'll get to it again tomorrow.
Have a grand day!!

3 comments:

Larjmarj said...

Looks like you've been busy, LOVE the socks and the soft purple scarf, I have a thing for purple!

Katy said...

I'm attempting to teach myself to knit socks, too. I'm having trouble with turning the heel though...I get to that point and then screw up like nobody's business.

The scarf looks lovely!

UNKNOWN said...

Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also sweater suppliers