Aha! Got your attention, didn't I? Why write about hands? Frankly, because I'm rather fascinated with them, but in a good way, I promise. I used to be a massage therapist when I lived in CA - and in my learnings, I heard that there were two types of hands. One type that 95% of the population sport at the end of their arms and the other type that 5% are graced with. Which one do I have? Why the rare kind, naturally - otherwise why the fascination :). Here's a picture of my hand. And PLEASE don't comment - even in your heads - on the shape of my nails, or the state of my cuticles......I hardly ever do anything with my hands other than live with them. And knit, of course.You can't imagine how difficult it was to take those pictures. Thank heavens I have a digital camera, or I would have wasted a lot of money on developing funny looking pictures. Ok, now to get into why my type of hands are in the 5% range. 95% of the pop. have longer ring fingers than pointer fingers. 5% (me) have longer pointers than ring fingers. SEE? I took both a front and back picture - not only for your viewing pleasure, but because you can see it better from the back of my hand - probably because there aren't any nails to cloud the issue up. I also have very long and skinny fingers, if only my body matched them, sigh.
So which one are you? Take a moment please and leave me a comment.
I'm obsessed at looking at everyone's hands to see which they have. I even do it at movies - staring at the hands of the actors - Liv Tyler has my kind of hands and I think Nicole Kidman too. Thank goodness I can multi-task or I'd never be able to follow the plots of the movies. I know, I know! This is a weird 'hobby'.
Here's some knitting projects.
The green one I knitted with Misti Alpaca. I love this yarn, and the shade is beautiful. The picture doesn't do it justice.
The Blueish one is a pillar stitch with some hand painted yarn from Uraguay. I have more of this yarn that I might felt into a bowl. Thanks to Katy for the pattern. ;)